Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sonnet to the lost soul of a lover (No More Us)

Shaking my heart skips as I sit thinking
it's better to have love and lost,
not true ! The sorrow leaves my heart sinking
Love like winter, my ground is full of frost
Regretting what I did I seek to turn
back, please can you help me figure this out?
For intimacy does my cold heart yearns
As I stand here in ice, cold in my doubts
Knowing that I will miss your passionate
soul, the radio is playing bad grunge
nirvana all apologies too late
my heart is soaked in sadness like a sponge
my head bent low I weep all night for you
I can't take this anymore nor can you

1 comment:

yosly said...

I liked the fact that you stayed with passionate and grunge, they are hard to rhyme with but you did a good job of finding words that went along and made sence with what the poem was about, the ending showed another side of the poem, it makes one think of the "other" person.